Thursday, June 23, 2011

You Never Know What You Will Find And Where

First things first, Abra, Nancy, and Rosie I thought that I acknowledged your Father’s Day wish to me on Facebook, but I guess something went wrong and it didn’t post right or got lost in cyberspace. Anyway, I want to thank you for your Father’s Day post on my wall.

Sorry for the length of time between blogs, but it has been rainy and cool for the past few weeks, not great weather to walk around in. So I didn't have anything good to blog about. Just to let you know how bad it rains here for those who have lived or been to Vancouver area and can remember the heavy rain where all the streets turn into rivers, that is about how heavy it has been raining the last few weeks. So, to let you know I'm still alive I think I'll blog about sharing washers and dryers during laundry day.

I live in an apartment complex that has three sections; each section has six units giving each building 18 units. The 18 units share two laundry rooms; each laundry room has five washers and five dryers. So that is 18 so called families (apartments sharing with roommates count as a family, right) sharing 10 washers and dryers.

Our assigned laundry room has four working washers and one working dryer. I try to separate my laundry, darks, lights, and whites, no problem that’s the way you’re supposed to do laundry right? I figure that if I wash them separately I can just dry them all at once, anyway that’s the way guys think, so no problem.
A couple of weeks ago I was unloading the clothes from the washers and throwing the clothes into the dryer (you have to throw the clothes to avoid the puddle from the leaking pipes above the dryer), I got to the whites when I noticed something black shot past. Puzzled (I knew that I didn’t mix dark with whites) I dug out the black article and held it up to see what it was. It was a black lace thong; I thought when did I wear these? When I stretched it out I discovered that it would wrap around me almost one and a half times (now you know how large the women are around here) and knew that they weren’t mine. The following week all I found was one blue sock with yellow polka dots mixed in with my darks, I searched all over for the other one, but couldn’t find it (shucks, I really wanted to find the mate).

Anyway, I hope that the rain stops so that I can blog about something more interesting.

Until the next time - A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.

3 comments:

  1. Me, too!

    Even the mundane (like laundry) is nice to hear about when you're far away!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny! And nice to hear (read?) from you!

    Next time, check the washer before putting your stuff in it... :)

    ReplyDelete